Green Team Hardwoods (Lowes)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrkinonfire

Hearth Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
SYRACUSE NY
I just picked up 6 bags from Lowes. They are burning great! Much hotter than the Dry Creek I just burned. So far they seem like really good pellets. I'm gonna pick up a ton next week.

i saw those at the Lowes here but they had them outside and many of the bags felt mushy inside. the pellets were puffy. i just dont understand why they would keep them outside without a tarp or anything over them ! how much were they a bag ,wrkinonfire

I've burned a couple dozen bags so far. They are a good pellet. If you can get clean ones, grab them.,,,,,,Still not as good as Oakies.

wrkinonfire said:
I just picked up 6 bags from Lowes. They are burning great! Much hotter than the Dry Creek I just burned. So far they seem like really good pellets. I'm gonna pick up a ton next week.
So, I guess this means the stove is still running good after the rebuild.....great!

Green team did OK in my stove too. I got a bunch of long pellets though. Close to 2" long. My stove doesn't mind them long ones chew's them up NP.

I agree they burn hot. There is inconsistancy between pellet sizes though. I also found them to produce a lot of ash.

Tried a few bags of Green team earlier this season.
Thought they were a decent burning pellet compared to some of the other test
brands I tried out.

Only issue I had with them was the inconsistant pellet length. Pellets bridged the
hopper TWICE in the same day shutting down the stove because I did not catch
it in time. After the second shutdown, I cleaned out the hopper and chopped up
the pellets a bit more…problem solved.

I would buy them again though if the price was right.

The Green Team pellets were around $4.50. Dry creek were $6.00 a bag. Stove is still burning great. Problems are solved!

I have been burning Green Team for the last three years and no complaints. Nice to see they are $4.50 in NY.... still $5.00 here.
Would like to get a couple of tons of them for next season and a ton of Oke's, if they can be had here at a good price.

Agree with some of the previous posts - burns great but does produce quite a bit of ash. Clinkers do form in the Quad pot and do need to be cleaned out every couple of days - no problem. My only concern was the bridging due to some of the longer pellet sizes but to date I have not had an occurrence. Good bargain pellet for the price.

All of the Lowe's in the area are sold out of the Green Teams up here in NH. I had planned on buying a ton this weekend. I can't seem to find a good pellet anywhere. I've got to make some more calls today. :-S

Status
Not open for further replies.