1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Greene Team has Arrived!!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by BBennett, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geek

geek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central CT
    is a very good shoulder pellet at a good price (well, prices went up...)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Mass & Lakes Region of Maine
    I find them to be more than a shoulder season pellet. Other than the 75-100 bucks a ton that isn't in your pocket and remains in mine, you are not missing anything.
  3. Pellet-King

Pellet-King Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Ct
    Party's Over!!, the ripple effect has begun!!, just like 2008 it will take at least 2 yr's to be were we were in '10..................if eva!!
  4. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    I like that money in my pocket too! I agree, Much better than a shoulder pellet. I'll still hit the pellet house for the top shelf for the extreme cold pellets. Greene Teams and Stove Chow both get me into the low numbers before I swap them for the heat crankers. 2 tons of shoulders and 1 1/2 ton of cold weather pellets get me through the average winter. With these I could get by with 1 ton or less of the cold weather stuff!

Average pellet cost per ton in my area is around $240 or $720 for 3 tons

I paid $176, $184 and $188= $548

My savings is about $170 clams. Heck of a down payment on that ton of hotstuff I need! :)
  5. Harman Lover 007

Loc:
    That is exactly how I feel. I have no intention of shutting out my local stove shop pellet guy. I fully intend to make a purchase with him at the right time.
  6. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Thanks Jay. Calling the guy tomorrow. Still had them, and I got him down to $2.50 a bag. $75 for 30 bags. Not a bad deal at all..... Love it. I have been burning some of the Tidy Timber's that I got with my Englander stove that I purchased a couple weeks ago. I gotta say, They are not that bad. Not bad at all.. Penningtons are by far, 2 times as bad as them.
    They gave me Good heat and a = clean stove. Had some fines, but since I have been sifting them with the Pellet sifter. I only see them when I pour them. The stove gets nothing but pellets now. The Quad loves it.

Sorry about the relevancy of this post.
  7. epehubb

epehubb Member

Loc:
    SWCT
    Just stopped at Lowes in Wallingford CT. They had about 20 Greene Team bags at 5.97 a bag. For my $$ that's too much.

Bigger question is why are there no posts to the price link on the forum? No updates since January!!

Are the pigs not divulging their secret pig pricing??? Hmmmmm
  8. Wachusett

Wachusett Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Wachusett Reservoir, MA.
  9. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Pigs always share the information after they have partaken of the feast, you are supposed to do some of your own hunting, what ya waiting for a huntin' license?
  10. Harman Lover 007

Loc:
    Not that it matters but GT has shipped as set out below. Pricing is probably not favorable at this time but the stock is or will be there shortly...

We have shipped to the following Lowe's locations:

Store City, State Phone # Date Shipped

1 LOWE'S GREENLAND, NH (603) 373-2158 16-Mar-11

2 LOWE'S ROCHESTER, NH (603) 833-4000 14-Mar-11

HL 007
  11. countk

countk Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Cape Ann, MA
    Lowe's Greenland is $4.68, at least not as bad as my local Lowe's, Danvers at $5.97. Ouch!!

With a 10% off coupon that would make the Green Team in Greenland $210. Not bad!
  12. Harman Lover 007

Loc:
    Not bad, indeed, given what we have been hearing in the last week or so. I would get what you need NOW.
  13. turbotech

turbotech Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE
    Anyone know the BTU per lb output of the Greene Teams? I can't find it on the website. Woodpellet.com posts BTU output but they don't show any Greene Team. I saw Maine's Choice was 7700 BTU/lb and was hoping the Greene Team was a little higher.
  14. tinkabranc

tinkabranc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Coast MA
    Clipped from Greene Team's site:

Bulk Density (lbs/cubic foot): 40 – 46
    Diameter (inches): 0.250 to 0.285
    Fines % (at the mill gate): < 0.5
    Inorganic Ash %: 0 – 1
    Length (% greater than 1.5 inches): < 1
    Moisture %: <= 8
    BTUs: > 8000
  15. Harman Lover 007

Loc:
    I know we've beaten this to death but just wanted to put out there that a shipment of GT is on it's way to the Rochester, NH Lowes due to arrive sometime after April 1st. Just in case someone is willing to pay the price!
  16. dmaclaren

dmaclaren Member

Loc:
    Seacoast, NH

Nuts, I guess people didn't stock up if after the have raised the price they are ordering more.
  17. gfreek

gfreek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Beautiful Attica/Varysburg,New York
    Just got a ton of PA Pellets, 225/ton, from dealer. He now has Greene Team 240/ton. $5 off if cash.. Got some bags to try. Only thing is they are all wrapped and stored outside.
  18. Harman Lover 007

Loc:
    You won't be disappointed.

FYI, Greene Team arriving at Lowes Epping, NH 6 April. Also GT's sister brand Greene Gold now being sold by pelletsdirect.com available in MA, CT, and RI.
  19. Harman Lover 007

Loc:
    Greene Teams are being shipped to Lowes in Seabrook, Epping and Rochester, NH on June 23rd. Be interesting to see the pricing.
  20. djcg

djcg New Member

Loc:
    North Eastern, CT
    Yeah just go an email from Greene Team for shipments to Lowes in Manchester, CT and Newington, CT, on or around July 6th.

I too am eager to see where they price them during this time of year.
  21. Harman Lover 007

Loc:
    Just got another notification for Danvers MA Lowes for the same date, July 6th
  22. Mordecai7

Mordecai7 Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    I just called the Lowes in Amherst, NH this evening (6/23/2011). They received 22 tons of Greene Team and they are pricing them at $298 a ton! So much for early summer pricing. The Hooksett, NH Lowes should be receiving their shipment in early July. I am hoping they will be more reasonably priced. Otherwise, I guess I will wait till the HD/Lowes pellet price wars are in full swing before I buy my next two tons.
  23. Harman Lover 007

Loc:
    I'm no expert but I don't see the price being radically different from store to store and I wouldn't expect any big box price wars anytime soon. We didn't see the really low prices until January of this year.
  24. Mordecai7

Mordecai7 Member

Loc:
    Southern NH
    Unfortunately, I think you are right. I just called the Epping, NH Lowes and they received their shipment of Greene Team as well and are pricing them at $298 per ton and $5.97 a bag. That just does not make any sense when I can get Okanagan softwood for $269 per ton at Osborne's Agway in Hooksett which includes free storage. It begs the question are the price hikes from Greene Team or is this Lowes looking for some extra profit from early season buyers? I am also wondering if the release of oil from the Strategic Oil Reserves will have the effect of dropping pellet prices even more later in the summer. I guess that is another discussion thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.