Greenfire tear down and rebuild

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was first thinking of a hx but if i don't need it would like to see that one. i do have radiant floor heat. greenfire just sent me 2 diff. ones very generic illustrations no specifics like hx or not and expansion tank things like that. does yours have heat exchangers or do you plumb right into the house from the boiler?thanks ryan

Here is all of them Rsnider. Do these links take up space on this board or just the photo site? Mr. Moderator let me know if you want me to take them down...

th_IMG_0015.jpg

th_IMG_0014.jpg

th_IMG_0013.jpg

th_IMG_0012.jpg

th_IMG_0011.jpg

th_IMG_0001.jpg

th_IMG_0002.jpg

th_IMG_0003.jpg

th_IMG_0004.jpg

th_IMG_0005.jpg

th_IMG_0006.jpg

th_IMG_0007.jpg

th_IMG_0008.jpg

th_IMG_0009.jpg

th_IMG_0010.jpg

greenfire must be using all of seton info along with the design. does greenfire have a deal with seton to use all the web stuff. they must have the rights or something from seton to use all the same stuff and build the boiler the same.

I have no idea. I am just passing along the info I have...

sparke thanks for all the info. i think I'm sold on this boiler. looks to be good build and the price i was quoted was very nice. 4400 for greenfire compared to the 9900 for the blue forge i was quoted is a big difference. the only other one even close to that price is the eco from cozy heat top banner. i will prob. get it soon as the weather breaks and can pour a concrete pad for my shed it will go in. keep the progress of the workings of this boiler coming.thanks ryan

rsnider said:
questions:
1. does greenfire have ash pan on bottom?
2. does greenfire have steel reinforced refractory like seton?
3. did you pay less the way you did it not 100% completed?
4. did they give you the sealant for final build?
5. does the door have refractory on it?
6. how thick is the refractory pieces?
7 how thick is the other insulation?

just asking to see the diff. from the seton. thanks for all the good pics helps me allot to see how this design is put together. this boiler may be on my list looks pretty good and the price wow. thanks in advance ryan.

Does the Greenwood or the Seton have an ash pan on the bottom? What is the life expectantcy of the refractory?

Thanks, Mainewood

greenwood does not have ash pan
seton i think does have ash pan but iv never seen a seton in person but the others can answer that for sure.

one more question how do you move a boiler like this? If its in the back of a truck or on a trailer how something this heavy be moved into its position. 2800lbs is allot to move. any suggestions. i assume fork lift from the supplier onto your truck or trailer. how do the suppliers expect you to ever move this thing. just sitting and thinking of how to move this boiler or any of this type of boiler seton, greenwood, greenfire or the bigger one like garn. i think the eko and econo burn are a little lighter at over 1000 or so.

mine came on a pallet. so we used a hand jack and a ramp to get it off the trailer. then rolled it on plywood to get it in the cellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.