Greentree Premium Pellet Fuel - Good or not??? Anyone used it???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierranevada

Dec 10, 2007
near Lake Tahoe
Hello Fire Community:
Lowes in Reno, NV has switched to carrying Greentree pellets (pine mix, .5 fines, .5 ash). They used to carry Golden Fire which seemed like decent fuel. I just bought 3 tons (to get in on a 10% off deal), not realizing they had switched brands. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake. I've only picked up the first 1/2 ton, so I can still return them.

I just installed a new Harmon Advance and I'm hoping for a trouble-free first season. Has anyone used Greentree pellets? Are they OK? They seem smaller than Golden Fire and I'm wondering about the "pine mix". I think Golden Fire is a hardwood blend. Can anyone give me any info on this? Thanks! Happy last days of summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.