Greenway pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jparisi

Dec 10, 2006
Redding, CT
Anybody have any recommendation on Greenway pellets? I got a quote from Pelletsales.com and the Greenway pellets are $199/ton, $239 stored and delivered in the Fall.

BTW, Webmaster, I tried searching for Greenway but got no results. When I searched on pelletsales.com I got a hit that mentioned the Greenway offer but nothing on the quality so I know I should have gotten at least one hit on a Greenway search.

Thanks,

Jay

How's the quality? Got a recomendation if I should take the Deal?

I gathered that you're a dealer Harry, but I doubt you'd come down to me in SW CT, right?

Thanks for the info...

Jay

i think greeway are made by pinacle

jparisi said:

I gathered that you're a dealer Harry, but I doubt you'd come down to me in SW CT, right?

Thanks for the info...

Jay

I liked the NEWP Canadian, Which yes are Pinnacle.....(I guess greenway too)
I would take the softwood over the hardwood anyday.....
Just make sure your stove can handle longer than average pellets.
But the softwoods have less clinkers and seem to burn hotter...

jparisi said:

Thanks for the info...

Jay

Yes, SW Connecticut would be quite a trip, and Im afraid the delivery charge would most likely preclude us from going down there. If its the pellets Im thinking of, weve sold some, noone is complaining, which tends to say volumes in the pellet world.

GVA said:
jparisi said:

Thanks for the info...

Jay

I liked the NEWP Canadian, Which yes are Pinnacle.....(I guess greenway too)
I would take the softwood over the hardwood anyday.....
Just make sure your stove can handle longer than average pellets.
But the softwoods have less clinkers and seem to burn hotter...

I *THINK*, and correct me if Im wrong, please someone, but the NEWP Canadians at the moment are actually Houston Pellets, just like Pinnacle, from what Im told (maybe owned by Pinnacle?). When the railcars come in, they dont have labels on them, so its hard to tell ;-P

I'll burn hardwood or softwood, as long as they are Premium pellets. Beware of the Standards or Industrials......some stoves can burn them fine, but others have difficulty due to ash content.

an update:

The Canadian pellets, made for New England Pellet by a sister company of Pinnacle's are being bagged now in Palmer, MA, with 2 different bags...well, actually 3 if you include the 33 lb bags being bagged for overseas use (Italy). One bag is tan with green lettering, labeled Canadian Premium Wood Pellets, the other, the SAME PELLET, is labeled Green Supreme. Greenway? Dunno.

Actually, Greenway pellets are manufactured in Southern Tennessee by a company called Hughes Hardwoods. I think they are a very good quality pellet. They maintain good quality control standards, and are using mostly white oak, some red, and occasionally a small amount of hickory and/or cherry. Their equipment is very up to date and is fully automated, so the quality is very consistent as compared to some of the older equipment with all manual controls.

mwillis said:
Actually, Greenway pellets are manufactured in Southern Tennessee by a company called Hughes Hardwoods. I think they are a very good quality pellet. They maintain good quality control standards, and are using mostly white oak, some red, and occasionally a small amount of hickory and/or cherry. Their equipment is very up to date and is fully automated, so the quality is very consistent as compared to some of the older equipment with all manual controls.

Correction, the Greenway pellets are manufactured by Hassel & Hughes (Southern Tennesse). Their last run of Greenway pellets indicated an ash content of 0.36%! Their website is:

PO Box 68
Collingwood , TN 38450
Phone: (913) 724-9191
www.hassellandhughes.com

smithmal

Status
Not open for further replies.