greenwood boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Seton - Identical in many ways. I love it. Simple design, less wood consumption, cleaner burning (emissions). Not sure if GW has re-emerged as a business or not. Not sure about other brands BUT if you are installing inside, be sure that you make considerations for venting the occasional smoke out. Mine is located approx 100' from house in an outbuilding (keeps, smoke, bugs and dirt out of the equation).

Bones,
Use the 'search forums' box near the top left of this page. Type in "greenwood" or "greenwood boilers" and you will have your evenings reading cut out for you. LOTS of opinions and shared experience with them here.

You dont want to install a Greenwood unit in a home. You want it in an out building as stated before. You can eat smoke alot when opened at an idle mode.

Where abouts do you live? I see upstate NY I am just outside the Herkimer area.

DaveBP said:
Bones,
Use the 'search forums' box near the top left of this page. Type in "greenwood" or "greenwood boilers" and you will have your evenings reading cut out for you. LOTS of opinions and shared experience with them here.

Normally I would have searched but I was headed out the door for work on my way to MN when I saw a greenwood for sale. So I just threw a post up. But what would have been my second question would have been how are they indoors and it sounds like there not the ideal unit.

Yup know exactly where it is. I am abot 45 south of ya in the middleville area. I have a GW 100 model last year was first season with it. Very happy I put it in an out building.

Status
Not open for further replies.