Greenwood Technologies went Bankrupt..what now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilhayner

Dec 4, 2009
Upstate NY
We purchased our Greenwood 100 hydronic indoor boiler 2 years ago and are in need of damper motor parts. Since Greenwood went out of business, does anyone know how I can purcase parts?

I would imagine that, like bicycle makers, boiler makers don't really "make" a lot of the ancillary equipment on their products. Things like motors are probably off the shelf items that can be easily found from other sources. I'd start by Googling the item number found on the defective motor.

Try this site out.I have been checking out OWB and liked the Aspen but found out about Greenwood so decided against the Aspen. Today I came across this.http://www.profab.org/home/index.html This is the true company that makes Greenwood products. They are based out of Canada.Emailed them today but have had no response yet. I was googling and ran into your problem so I registered soTo give you a reply. If anyone has any comments on the Aspen would appreciate some info . Thanks

I am pretty sure that the damper motor is a Siemens motor and a part number is on there. Probably available thru Grainger or a supply outfit like that.

There may be an electrical motor repair facility near you that even has parts or can order them for you.

I got a replacement for my Seton... it's a Belimo LF 120US. Would likely work for the Greenwood as well. I've seen them pretty cheap on ebay from time to time .

Status
Not open for further replies.