Hey there Biomass guys/gals - parts question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jaoneill

Feeling the Heat
My biomass 80 has been in service now for 11 years with little need for repairs. Other than replacing the nozzles five years ago and a circulator every few years it has been relatively grief free. That said, the "exhaust" blower/fan started making noise last year and just finally quit. When it first began to get noisy I immediately went to the New Horizon site to order a replacement but they were "out of stock" and have remained so to this day. Anyone know of another parts source, who the motor manufacturer might be, or where one might cross-reference to a different manufacturer, etc.
I also might mention FWIW, that it seems that the controller has finally reached the end of its days, I am ordering a new one today. The readout has been jumping around and it will arbitrarily shut the circulator down at random times and temps. I thought that it has done quite well surviving 11 years in a less than ideal electronics environment.