1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Greenwood Transfer Fluid

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by jbeamer, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 91220da

91220da Member

Loc:
    Pocono's Pennsylvania
    Thanks Man,
    No pressure, no stress, no hurry.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. duane9835

duane9835 Member

Loc:
    NE Michigan
    Nice Thread!!! I'm wondering how everyone made out this winter? I am getting ready for rebuild this spring as i complete my 3rd full winter using my Greenwood....
    I have been doing alot of searching and reading just to see what everyone else has been doing as far as upgrades and improvements and trying to get a plan together as i have the same results as everone else seems to have..

Thanks for the great info!
  3. jbeamer

jbeamer New Member

Loc:
    Central PA
    As you may have read from my previous posts, this is my first winter with a GW furnace. I bought a home in August that already had it installed (it's in an outside shed). It's a GW 100 and it's tied to an oil furnace. Unfortunately, I had some major issues when I first fired it up in November - my PEX line actually split and I had to replace it (not a fun process!) It seems that the previous owner ran the furnace very hot year round, which may have caused a weakening of the plastic.

I'm still "learning." The most difficult thing I find is those days which are on the warm side (ie, 40s). It's hard for me not to overheat it on those days. I have to make sure not to add too much wood and to turn my thermostats up.

This year, I'd like to put in an overheat loop so I don't have to worry about the temps getting out of control. I need to read more about how to do this. I'm also interested in learning more about tying it to a hot water heater - does this work well for you?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions you can offer.
  4. bigburner

bigburner Feeling the Heat

" I’m also interested in learning more about tying it to a hot water heater -" Why would U need to heat your hot water?? Sorry - couldn't help my self. too many plumbers in my family.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.