1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Grilling over fire?

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by killerdyller, Oct 6, 2012.

1. killerdyller

killerdyller New Member

Loc:
    West central Indiana
    At this very moment, I have a dozen dove breasts marinating in the fridge. These tender morsels of deliciousness deserve far better treatment than propane or charcoal, so I've decided to try grillin em' up over some coals. Anyone else ever had this notion? I'm guessin I'll have to sit and babysit it more than charcoal.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    I'd slide 4 bricks on either side in the stove (2 on each side), build the fire between them, then when the coals get down to where you want spread them out and place what you are using for a grill grate up on the bricks, then go to town cooking / taking pictures to share with the folks on hearth.com ==c

pen
    Eatonpcat, Thistle and ScotO like this.
  3. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Yeah, what he said ^......there are rules on doing this from recommendation here on Hearth.com. You MUST, and I mean MUST share pictures of the process in The Perfect Picture or The Inglenook. No exceptions.....;)
    Eatonpcat and PapaDave like this.