Grizzly 2LEX Fan Supplier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SeanBlue22

Sep 12, 2021
VA
Hey folks --

I am very much a wood stove newbie, learning how to use our Grizzly 2LEX stove with catalyst. Pics attached. Looks like our stove fan is totally fried, choked after years of dust and likely a fair bit of dog hair. I've been doing a few searches for this fan with some (but sparse) results. Might anyone know of a good, reputable supplier?

Best I can tell, the model number is: ja2p204ns . . . but maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing.

Appreciate the forum. Your wisdom appreciated.

20211215_173351.jpg 20211215_173248.jpg 20211017_204517 (1).jpg 20211018_200908 (1).jpg

Remove it and clean it well with compressed air and cut out the hair. If the armature still turns freely, oil it up and see if it still will work. If not, the internal thermal fuse may have blown. Test and replace that if necessary.

Otherwise, measure the shaft diameter and length and mounting pattern. There's a chance it has a generic equivalent. Head to Graingers or McMasters-Carr for a suitable replacement. Pay attention to rotation. The replacement may not be multispeed, but that is less important. An aftermarket speed controller could work for that.

Reactions: SeanBlue22