1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Grizzly to heat my shop

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by lazeedan, Dec 18, 2012.

1. lazeedan

lazeedan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SW Michigan
    I bought an old Grizzly off a friend with the idea of heating my 24 x 32 x 10 shop. It has sat out there for about a year and I keep debating wether to use it or sell it and get a kerosene heater. My shop is a pole barn with 1.5 inch styrofoam insulation walls and ceiling. I have been thinking of buying the chimney set up for my xmas present from my wife of course. It seems like plenty of stove for my shop. Do you guys think I will be happy with it. I am have been planning install with 8" black pipe up 4' with a t. Coming out of T with 8 to 6 reducer and 6" double wall pipe through a wall thimble. Once out side I was planning on double t and double wall up about 9'. Please give me any thoughts.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. lazeedan

Loc:
    SW Michigan
    Just wandering is a set up like this going to take hours to heat up my shop. I hate the sound of salamanders. Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Dan
  3. lazeedan

Loc:
    SW Michigan
    IMG_0323.jpg IMG_0323.jpg