1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Guarding My Woodpile

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Rich_CT, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savageactor7

savageactor7 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CNY
    About 10 years ago the insulated blanket around the water heater needed attention so the wife said we should replace it. As a I got a grip on the old one and started to remove it about 10 or more milk snakes came scurrying out of it...so we backed off it for a few days. They must have suspected we'd be back cause they all took off for parts unknown.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Stevebass4

Stevebass4 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Franklin MA
    found the same thing under my covered pile yesterday - he's welcome to stay
  3. mike1234

mike1234 New Member

Loc:
    Colorado
    I was grabbing some wood off my pile for a friend who was camping and a copper head was under a piece I was moving (in the summer I pull it off with a hoe so I am 6' or so away if kind of thing happens, and with the hoe I have a weapon in my hand), so I chopped the crap out of him. I try and leave the black snakes alone, but truthfully, to only good snake that I see - is a dead snake.
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I've got chipmunks in my wood pile . . . which I don't really mind . . . in fact I kind of enjoy watching them . . . although I think my cats enjoy watching them and playing with them more than me . . . unfortunately.
  5. jadm

jadm New Member

Loc:
    colorado
    'My' snake moved over to my neighbor's vegetable garden. Think he is probably patrolling both places. Share and share alike. ;-)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.