1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Guess where Henry found this?

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by rideau, Jan 20, 2013.

1. rideau

rideau Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern ontario

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    In the couch?==c
    Serious guess is, one of the wood stacks.
  3. rottiman

rottiman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ontario Canada
  4. katwillny

katwillny Guest

You keeping it as a pet?
  5. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Out in the weeds after you have already flattened it with a shovel?
  6. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    Who's Henry ??????????????
  7. rideau

rideau Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern ontario
    I typed an answer to this the other day, so what happened to it? Oh,well.

Henry is my grandson. He lives on Maui. Loves snakes, so from that perspective only it is unfortunate he lives on Maui...no snakes in Hawaii.

Spent a year with me when his Dad was being treated for cancer. He has amazing vision...found an incredible number of snakes, including species that are not supposed to live in our area. Largest was a big (maybe 4 feet?) fat milk snake. Smallest was a tiny salmon colored snake the size of a pencil...can't recall species, will have to look it up. Isn't supposed to be north of PA>

One particularly long garter snake wrapped its tail around his belt loop. He came over to me and showed me.at which point the snake slithered its tail across Henry's snap and around the belt loop on the other side...a snake belt. Henry wasn't too thrilled....
  8. Ncountry

Ncountry Member

Loc:
    northern NY
    That is a great pic, kids have no fear. Reminds me of an incident a couple of years ago. My 8 year old daughter was chasing a snake across the yard and every time she tried to pick it up it was trying to bite her. So being the "big brave"father I showed her how to gently stand on its tail and then pick them up behind the head (seen it done many times). She did and I asked her if that was the 1st time she had ever touched a snake. She said.." yeap" and I replied me too !! For 41 years I never got any closer than a shovel handle or big stick.. .... couldn't show fear in front of the kiddo .lol. Not to sure if I want to make a habit of it though.
    Xena likes this.