Hackberry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphie Boy

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2012
Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
I clipped this from one of my other posts. Those "in the know" may not have seen it because it was under a different topic, "Too Windy to Cut That Ash.":

Well, I think it’s Hackberry I can’t find a good picture to b sure. It has a “warty†looking gray bark that gets smoother higher in the tree and a very white wood when split.

My camera is on loan to a friend on vacation so I can't take a picture of the wood.Let me know if this sounds correct for Hackberry and if you have a picture please post it.

THANKS!!!

Here's a couple pics I found

Attachments

• hackberry bark.jpg
    hackberry bark.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 295
  • 041811hackberry-bark.jpg
    041811hackberry-bark.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 287
Yup that be it alright.Nothing I know of looks like it.

Thanks, that's it only bigger. :cheese:

Hackberry is good wood, season rather fast, and ignites quickly. I had quite a bit of it this year, while burning my hedge. Since the hedge row has quite a bit of it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.