Had a real thrill today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
A few days ago we had a visit from an old friend. He came to ask permission to hunt turkeys. Not only for himself but some of his relatives. Last year he did the same thing and we made some new friends from Louisiana. So this year that man's son and his daughter came to hunt but not necessarily on our place but I was informed that he really wanted to meet me so they came late Sunday so we could meet.

Yesterday the old friend came walking out with his turkey and said the others would be here today. I was not feeling well today but this afternoon the doorbell rang. It was the father and daughter from Louisiana. The daughter got her bird. Her very first one and was she ever happy! That really made my day too. If only one could have seen her and her proud daddy, it would put a smile on anyone's face. That folks, is a great part of life.

And today we got another. This time a young lad and his father came. I don't think it took more than 1/2 hour or so to get their bird! One happy lad for sure. This is the most fun hunting I've had for quite some time....and I haven't even picked up a shotgun!

Reactions: mfglickman
I am just afraid if Judy gets her hands on the shotgun we will not see your 19,000 post!:) See she WILL get back at you for calling her ornery!

Gary

Your post brought back some great memories for me. Nice that they asked and you allowed. Growing up, I spent a lot of time in the woods hunting and fishing with my Dad, his friends and my brothers. Don't do it anymore but bagging game a thrill like no other, almost.:)

I agree. The people hunting are from out of state and I know how difficult it can be to gain permission on various lands. They were very happy to hunt here.​

I have to admit Denny that I did not know what to expect with the title of this thread......._g
I knew it would be "clean".....but you crack me up...maybes because I met you in person and got to experience your great sense of humor...oh the burners here have no idea how funny you are in person....your the best...;lol;)

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Well thanks Gamma. I also have to admit you did not see me at my best either as I really was not up to par last fall. Hopefully this year will be better.

Well thanks Gamma. I also have to admit you did not see me at my best either as I really was not up to par last fall. Hopefully this year will be better.

We are looking forward to it Denny...Good times....:)

Cool thread savage :cool:

Just opened here the other day, but havent been able to get out till tomorrow ..
hope i will be able to post a picture ;)

loon

The turkey population was down for a couple years here but this year we're seeing lots and lots of them all over the place. Had to go to town today and probably saw over a hundred of them out in the fields.

Thanks for sharing. Hope you are feeling better:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.