Had to buy some wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluehawk

Sep 4, 2009
East TN
Well last year my splitter broke down and I didnt get enough wood split (to lazy for hand splitting) for this year. I called around and went and checked out some of these guys who sell wood for $50 a rick, and every bit of it was wet. There is one company in town that sells firewood to all the local business for cooking and I knew they were reputable so I had them deliver a cord. $250. I cant believe I paid for wood! It was well seasoned oak though. Sorry for the rant.

[quote author="bluehawk" date="1252611046"]Well last year my splitter broke down and I didnt get enough wood split (to lazy for hand splitting) for this year. I called around and went and checked out some of these guys who sell wood for $50 a rick, and every bit of it was wet. There is one company in town that sells firewood to all the local business for cooking and I knew they were reputable so I had them deliver a cord. $250. I cant believe I paid for wood! It was well seasoned oak though. Sorry for the rant.[/quote

250.00 would have me ranting as well

bluehawk said:
I had them deliver a cord. $250. I cant believe I paid for wood! It was well seasoned oak though.
At $250 a cord, I think you are close to fossil fuel costs. I think one cord = 100 gallons of heating oil. Not sure what the natural gas comparison is.

rsgBJJfighter said:
Just wondering, what is a "rick"?

1/3 of a cord

Or a rick can be any length (it is usually 16") and an 8' row.

Rick and face cord are the same.

Hear that Fossil, backwoods is starting a fight :)

And burntime will be the referee!

Status
Not open for further replies.