Had to pull out the Komatik!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
Been a rough winter for everyone that I can see. We have taken our share of this winter, trust me. Wood shed only sits maybe 25' from the back of the house and I normally use the quad and trailer, but that is out of the picture now. Simple Labrador Komatik I made a couple years ago got called into action today to pull some wood from out back.

That's nice, real nice but it looks like you need more land?

House sits on a 100' by 180' lot in prime outdoors area. Neighbors are awesome. Basically they are trying to squeeze as many home as possible into this little beauty of a town. Regardless, hunting, FISHING, snowmobiling, Offroading and some decent wood cutting is at my door step.

Looks like quite a charge of snow is on the roof . . . not worried about the weight?

Looks like quite a charge of snow is on the roof . . . not worried about the weight?
Already shoveled it Firefighter, the stuff you see there is just out of reach of my shovel. It is only a Dormer if you well with more 2 x 6 going up to it than need be. Dang near killed me to shovel the roof this year. Put the 30' ladder up and had another 6' of snow straight up looking at me. Repositioned and got it done. did not feel safe at all this year doing it though. Snow was slick and no grip at all, actually let a space of snow so I couple get down.

Cool, now I know what a Komatik is. Thought it may have been an obscure russian chainsaw :)

Status
Not open for further replies.