Halloween, Coldest in 18 years, Ready?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioburner

Aug 4, 2012
West central Mn
National news this AM of a very cold Halloween. Is a start to a very cold winter?

At least they're not predicting a Halloween like 1991!

30blizzard1030.jpg

At least they're not predicting a Halloween like 1991!

30blizzard1030.jpg
They only originally predicted a couple inches too. I spent the day driving around Anoka Cty in a fire truck tending to accidents.

Yes I am ready, not that it will be as cold here, just cold enough to burn. But I am ready too because I will be returning home from this job for the very last time. Retiring Halloween day, hmm ! But will be home to tend the fire.

Reactions: Arti and Polar Bear
Yes I am ready, not that it will be as cold here, just cold enough to burn. But I am ready too because I will be returning home from this job for the very last time. Retiring Halloween day, hmm ! But will be home to tend the fire.

Good for you man! Congrats!

Reactions: alternativeheat
I became re something back in 2008.

Let it start, I'm ready (this means I have plenty of TP).

I'm going to the last day of drag-racing tomorrow night - doesn't look all that cold. That doesn't get here until Sunday - kind of looking forward to how the brand-new stove reacts to the colder weather with thermostat now operational.

3 years ago was the north east snowpocolypse where they canceled haloween

My father is my hero. He's 73 years old and has been fully retired for 18 years.

My father is my hero. He's 73 years old and has been fully retired for 18 years.
Well I'm 64, was holding out for 65 when I get my full pension. And they are bridging me over till 65 when I collect my pension.
Good for you man! Congrats!
Ya 44 year shop rat/mech, they gave me a good send off today. Tomorrow I get the trucks out the gate, move my tools out and then we "sign and drive" so to speak ! Let it snow after tomorrow, I'll be by my stove if so.

Well I'm 64, was holding out for 65 when I get my full pension. And they are bridging me over till 65 when I collect my pension.

Ya 44 year shop rat/mech, they gave me a good send off today. Tomorrow I get the trucks out the gate, move my tools out and then we "sign and drive" so to speak ! Let it snow after tomorrow, I'll be by my stove if so.
Good luck hope it all goes great ........... looks like I've got around 6 weeks to go, devil is in the details ............

In our area, it's best to plan Halloween costumes with layers or heavy jacket/mitts in mind. More years than not weather has been cold with our first accumulating snow fall showing up around Halloween - can only remember 2 or 3 that were warm:(

Best Wishes! ...and Cheers!

Good luck hope it all goes great ........... looks like I've got around 6 weeks to go, devil is in the details ............
Ya, mine was in the wind for a year, took on new light in Aug, offered in Sept and here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.