Halloween Haunted Houses? Who does 'em?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
This year won't be the year as my wife is due with baby # 2 on November 3rd, but one of these years I want to do something more fun than just hand out candy at the door. Who does a haunted house to give the trick-or-treaters a scare on Halloween? I definitely want to incorporate the chainsaw at some point (without the chain of course) !!! I'm planning on putting up a pole barn in the back so the plan would be to have trick-or-treaters walk up the driveway, alongside the house, and back to the barn, where the fun would begin. I'm thinking someone popping out of a coffin or some kind of zombie rising from the grave thing, a dummy dropping from the loft in a hangman's noose, etc...culminating in me popping out at some point wearing an old school welding helmet, bloodstained clothes, and wielding a chainsaw _g. Post what you're doing this Halloween!

you could have someone in costume standing at the front door and play as if they rang the bell and was told to go to the barn.....they'll think it was just another trick-or-treater....they all walk back to the barn, and you pop out of a corner with the chainsaw fired up, and chase your buddy in the costume, let him fall, as you swing the saw at him....that should do it. Something simple....a table with a candy dish, strobe light, you hiding behind a black curtain ready to jump out at them.

Reactions: Badfish740
you could have someone in costume standing at the front door and play as if they rang the bell and was told to go to the barn.....they'll think it was just another trick-or-treater....they all walk back to the barn, and you pop out of a corner with the chainsaw fired up, and chase your buddy in the costume, let him fall, as you swing the saw at him....that should do it.

I like it! Gotta make sure the saw is well tuned warmed up. Nothing would be more embarrassing (and lame) than standing there yanking three or four times before it starts ;lol

I foresee a lot of children needing many, many years of intensive counseling. ;) :)

I foresee a lot of children needing many, many years of intensive counseling. ;) :)

;lol I'm not that cruel... There will be candy on the well lit front porch for little kids/fraidy cats, but anyone who chooses to venture into the backyard is fair game. One thought I had for the front porch was to put the candy on a large skirted table. The table would have a hole cut in it with a large Jack 'O Lantern cut open from the bottom. This way someone can sit underneath the table and stick their head into the pumpkin, and wa'lla, talking Jack 'O Lantern!

Reactions: firefighterjake
I'm actually a bit envious . . . every year I buy candy for the kids . . . and just about every year I end up eating all of it . . . I think the best year we had 4 or 5 kids come out to the house.

When I was a kid my parents actually converted the basement into a haunted house and back in the 1970s and 80s there were mobs of folks that came by to come through it. Dad used fishing line on pulleys . . . Mom was a witch who guided folks through it . . . and one year I got to play the shackled werewolf . . . until I fell asleep though and then I was the snoring werewolf.

I'm actually a bit envious . . . every year I buy candy for the kids . . . and just about every year I end up eating all of it . . . I think the best year we had 4 or 5 kids come out to the house.

I had the opposite experience. I lived on a dark road "in the country" growing up-no sidewalks, no streetlights. All of the kids trick-or-treated in a subdivision on the other side of the county highway we lived off of. Now we live in a neighborhood with lots of kids of all ages, which is what has me so excited about it.

Found my background music:

Status
Not open for further replies.