Hampton GCI60 Control Panel Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, it really isn't that bad to pull out and push back in.

On another note I neglected to report back after I got the new cable installed. The unit functions as it should. All of the issues I was having were apparently due to that cable...a couple of the individual wires in the cable were actually completely severed!

I called my dealer 2 times since thursday, and no calls back. Even the owner blew me off when I had him on the phone - took a message for the service department, supposedly.

So I may be pulling it out and checking into things myself. I know another shop which might be more reliable nearby anyway.

I called my dealer 2 times since thursday, and no calls back. Even the owner blew me off when I had him on the phone - took a message for the service department, supposedly.

So I may be pulling it out and checking into things myself. I know another shop which might be more reliable nearby anyway.

That sounds familar with my gc60, the dealer is not help at all. Hmm what is going on with these regency dealers.

As soon as I get home, will check the cable. Still have a frozen gearbox that will have to be replaced, as well as gaskets for the augur motor. The stove is designed badly, too many things to break or go wrong. Less is more.

quote="MAZ624, post: 1279069, member: 24981"]When I talked to the dealer I bought the stove from, he said it would be 4 days before he could get someone out to look at it. Being an engineer and not wanting to use my propane boiler for the next 4 days, I took a look. What I found is that there is a ribbon cable that connects the switch panel to the controller inside the unit. The cable was not sufficiently secured to the frame inside the unit when it was built and the excess cable fell and was rubbing against the blower motor hub. The friction from the hub turning wore through the cable's insulation and damaged three wires. See the picture below. This is what made the control panel unresponsive. (I cut the cable above the damaged area in a failed attempt to repair it).

I contacted the dealer I bought it from and he pulled the cable off his floor unit. After replacing it, the unit works fine.

I hope this helps others.

View attachment 83311

All the best[/quote]

I encourage everyone who ishaving problems with Regency to file a complaint through the better business bureau. If they get enough negative, it will drive their rating down,can if he wants to stay in business, I would think he would take care of his customers.

They fixed the ribbon on newer stoves. I checked mine before it was installed and it was zip tied to the frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.