Hampton Hi300 Smoke deflector

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orenn89

Dec 14, 2014
Central Ct
So after months of crusing around on here for advice i pulled the trigger and bought a wood stove. I found a hell of a deal on a hampton hi300 insert for 500 and picked it up after it was on craigslist before someone else did. Stove is in great shape, looks like all it needs is a new rope seal, current one is so loose it rattles!

After i got it home i really started taking it apart and studying it with the manual. I noticed that the manual talks about a bolted in smoke deflector, but i cant see one on mine. Further looking around, i dont even see the bolt holes for a deflector, did hampton change the design on this recently? Stove manufacture date is September 2006.

Im sure i will have a ton more questions for you guys as i continue this project and fix it up!

Lookin forward to burnin some wood and stayin warm next winter!!

They may have made changes. My manual doesn't have it. Just a plate with a bunch of holes, for air, I assume. I can send it to you if you want.

I'm ambivalent about the bricks. I've replaced the lighter bricks with heavy bricks in another stove with no problems. The dealer only sells the standard bricks. But there are arguments for them (search, if you dare). Whichever route you choose, maybe you'd feel better if you replaced all the bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.