Hampton Hi300 vs. Regency I2400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orenn89

Dec 14, 2014
Central Ct
I am in the market for a used wood stove insert and i have found to on Craigslist for around the same amount. My question is what is the difference between the two besides the looks? From what i understand they are made by the same people, have the same warranty, same firebox size and btu rating. Would you try to persuade me to one or the other or is it just a matter of which looks i (meaning my wife!) likes best.

Also is the looks like the Hampton is cast where as the the regency welded sheet metal? does this make any difference to heating ability/stove usefull life?

I am in the market for a used wood stove insert and i have found to on Craigslist for around the same amount. My question is what is the difference between the two besides the looks? From what i understand they are made by the same people, have the same warranty, same firebox size and btu rating. Would you try to persuade me to one or the other or is it just a matter of which looks i (meaning my wife!) likes best.

Also is the looks like the Hampton is cast where as the the regency welded sheet metal? does this make any difference to heating ability/stove usefull life?
Hey orenn today your In luck im selling my one and a half season old hampton 1300. I love this stove it has much better overall appearance than the i200 in my opinion. I can answer any question you can think of about this stove will be happy to send ueven pics and dodocumentation.

20150228_093013.jpg 20150215_160429.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hampton is basically an i2400 with a cast iron front façade and surround. I looked at both and ended up with an I3100 with zero regrets especially with the larger firebox.

If you like the Hampton it's a nice unit. Seems a little odd to be around the same price, the Hampton is usually more expensive new. Are there other differences that account for the pricing? Blower? age? condition? other?

Hey orenn today your In luck im selling my one and a half season old hampton 1300. I love this stove it has much better overall appearance than the i200 in my opinion. I can answer any question you can think of about this stove will be happy to send ueven pics and dodocumentation.

Wow, convenient. What would you be looking for a price? Also you are a bit far, do you ever venture into ct and would you mind taking the stove along with you next time?

Wow, convenient. What would you be looking for a price? Also you are a bit far, do you ever venture into ct and would you mind taking the stove along with you next time?
I have a truck would be willing to take a ride .I would really like 1500 the stove is pefect shape. I have complete new set of bricks in box . One has cracked I was going to re place it end of season. I oiled and cleand motor and fans. Honestly stove is in tip top for being used. U must know the price new I believe what I want is fair. My house is 75 at the moment :).

I have a truck would be willing to take a ride .I would really like 1500 the stove is pefect shape. I have complete new set of bricks in box . One has cracked I was going to re place it end of season. I oiled and cleand motor and fans. Honestly stove is in tip top for being used. U must know the price new I believe what I want is fair. My house is 75 at the moment :).
Thanks for the info, ill keep that you in mind. going to look at one for sale locally this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.