hampton medium insert with insulated liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

greyhound2886

Oct 26, 2020
Central CT
Good Afternoon,

I am looking to have a wood burning insert installed in my heatilator fireplace, external chimney. My house is approx 1900 sq ft and live in central CT...i have a quote from a local certified chimney sweep who came out for a home visit. It is approx 5600.00 for the Hampton hi2450 which includes install of the stove, 5.5" liner 35 ft with insulated wrap which includes also the removal of slate cap from my chimney and reinstall. The liner has to be ovalized, and they stated they have an ovalizer for complete this job. The price includes taxes as well as permit. I really like the look of the Hampton insert and this is the only place that has taken me seriously when bringing up the insulated liner.

Another local well-known stove shop is quoting me approx $5600.00 for a lopi medium next-gen flush wood burning insert including tax and install, but an un-insulated liner. Just looking to get everyone's opinion on these quotes and the pricing as I am all new to this and want to make sure I am not getting fleeced.

I appreciate your opinion and help in advance.

-Greyhound

The price sounds about right. This is a tall liner. Based on what is indicated, the Hampton dealer sounds like a more professional install. Does this include a thorough chimney cleaning first, before installing the liner?

The price sounds about right. This is a tall liner. Based on what is indicated, the Hampton dealer sounds like a more professional install. Does this include a thorough chimney cleaning first, before installing the liner?

Thanks for the response, begreen. I will have to inquire to see if the hampton dealer will be cleaning the chimney prior to install of the liner. I know the lopi dealer said they would add whatever cost it is if the flue had to be cleaned. I have not used the fireplace prior to moving into my house and i know that the flue was cleaned prior to moving in so not even sure if much needs to be done.

-Greyhound

It may be good to go then, but it needs to be verified. Did either dealer come out to the house and look over the setup before providing the quote?

It may be good to go then, but it needs to be verified. Did either dealer come out to the house and look over the setup before providing the quote?

yes, the hampton dealer did complete a home visit. the lopi dealer does not do home visits - they give you the install price the day they show up at your house to install the insert.

That sounds more professional. Hampton inserts are beautiful and well made.