Happily having a stack temp of 0F...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bret Chase

Minister of Fire
Jan 15, 2013
Maine
After this recent cold snap... I am finding it wonderful to have it 68F in my kitchen (coldest room) right now with a stack temp of ZERO :) Yep it's mid January... in Maine.... but it's 48 degrees out right now at 7pm... I probably won't light the stove tonight... my stacks are breathing a (temporary) sign of relief... it's should be in the low 50's tomorrow here.... a great time to get the outside stacks inside for the rest of the winter...

what's the temp where you are?

51 and pouring rain all day. Chilly in the joint so I turned on some heaters. The electric company employee's kids gotta eat too.

We had a pretty good thunderstorm! This afternoon. High 50s and nasty wet outside near Boston.

Afraid we're gonna need all the help we can get. Unfortunately Indi is pretty good at shutting down a running game and half our starters are gimped up.
Fingers crossed, go Pats!

Edit: guess Indi isn't very good at shutting down our running game....

Tried for the 0 stack temp as it's warming up to the 40s today. Dying fire and high winds made for a bad combo had to stoke it back up to keep the smoke going in the right direction.

Last edited:
Wow you guys are warm! 37f and raining most of the day here - just cleared up and more wind forecast for tonight. 42f forecast high tomorrow.

BC coast.

Snotty today with one storm after another blowing through with 30-40mph gusts. Fire has been idling all day with 45-47F outside temps just in case the power goes off again like it did early this morning for 4 hrs..

So soaked here that my Suburban sinks in the long, used to be gravel driveway. This is gonna get expensive. The ice melted slowly then the rain hit on top of it. Hasn't happened like that in over ten years. :mad: Then I had to throw a load of cinder blocks on it from the road to the bridge and drive over them to get back in. They are an integral part of the driveway now for years. Today they sunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.