Happy Solstice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta-T

Minister of Fire
Feb 27, 2008
NH
get ye out there and cut the mightiest tree in the neighborhood....feed it lengthwise into thine fire and party until it has been consumed. Scare away the darkness (and demons) with the light of the fire. bring ye boughs of the evergreen into the house to welcome back the renwal brought on by spring. go team!

Get naked and dance around the bonfire! Days are getting longer from here on! woohoo!

I've put on my special solstice avatar for the occasion.

Reactions: Delta-T
Some mighty long shadows, eh?
IMG_1702.jpg

Reactions: P38X2
Second most important holiday of the year for me ..................

Reactions: firebroad
Not to leave you in the dark but daylight time starts to increase after tomorrow:cool:

I have put on my favorite solstice undies to celebrate. No pics will be forthcoming.

I had these gag undies - never wore them, but they were red and had an elephants trunk on the front - you get the idea. Well, when you moved them, they played "Rudolph".......so they sat in the bottom of my undies drawer for a decade or more and quite often I'd be digging for something in there and that tune would start playing!

They were something close to this...must have had a little battery in there!
41-4y1C%2B6KL._SY300_.jpg

Reactions: Jags
I had these gag undies - never wore them, but they were red and had an elephants trunk on the front - you get the idea. Well, when you moved them, they played "Rudolph".......so they sat in the bottom of my undies drawer for a decade or more and quite often I'd be digging for something in there and that tune would start playing!

They were something close to this...must have had a little battery in there!
41-4y1C%2B6KL._SY300_.jpg
I'll bet you have them on now;)

A Blessed Yule to you and yours!
May the Light shine warm and bright for you in the New Year!
yulelog.jpg

Reactions: webbie and Defiant
Status
Not open for further replies.