Happy Thanks-scrongeing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TresK3

Jul 12, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Today was worth the price admission.

There's a fair amount of wooded property where I work. Earlier in the week I noticed a tree crew out, taking care of some dead ones. I asked about the disposition of all this raw firewood and was told they were burying it. I was also directed to several downed trees they wouldn't have time to haul away. This afternoon my son and I drove over and bucked up as much as we could fit in the mini-van. Cutting up nice hard cherry on a crisp fall day... wow! When we took a break for chocolate and water, I couldn't help thinking how lucky I am; good health, good wood to burn and a family to share it all with. Arriving home, I found my daughter had started up a fire, the house was cozy and a pecan pie was cooling in the kitchen. Now it's time to grill a turkey breast and open a bottle of chardonnay.

Status
Not open for further replies.