Happy with my Stove.. here's my story..what's yours?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedishchef

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 17, 2010
Inuvik, Northwest Territories
Well, other than a sweet smell I have during every light up (see my other post that I uploaded today), I am quite pleased with my stove.

I have an Osburn 2300. It has a bypass damper, 3.3 cubic foot firebox and a nice big front plate. I didn't know much about stoves when I bought it but it seems to do the job. I don't play on staying in this house more than 2 years so hopefully it's last a few year (without the tubes breaking).

Yesterday was cold. Today is cold. -30 C with the wind (-22F). I have had the stove running for 30 hours non stop. Every 3-5 hours I toss a couple (or few) pieces of wood into it. The stove is in my basement, double wall stove pipe through my foundation wall into a 2100 rated 6 inch chimney. My basement is wide open (recently started framing) with 1.5 inches of polyurethane insulation on the walls (directly on the concrete, fiberglass is going to be placed between my studs above and beyond shortly). My basement is 1150 sq feet and so is my main floor (bungalow). Therefore, I am heating my entire house to 21-22 degrees C with this stove. The only way for the heat to go upstairs is via the staircase: there isn't even one floor grate placed to help with circulation.

So far, I LOVE my stove!

What's your story?

Andrew

Good story Andrew. When I was a small boy I never knew anyone could heat their home with anything but wood or coal. When I got married we went several years without wood heat....and I really missed it. Naturally, we could not put up with that so have been heating with wood every since. My signature line tells the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.