Harman 52i inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

acowherd

Hearth Supporter
Nov 8, 2008
MID Missouri
I had one in 2007 that ran great. It was harder to clean than the one I have now. 2014 model. There are a few differences in them, but the one that bothers me the most is the flame. It seems to push forward to the glass instead of up on the medallion like it should. Anyone have any experience with what I am describing?

21A4101B-2C40-4742-89FC-E6D11110BAB6.jpeg

I have the same insert, but not the flame front issue you show/describe. Is the voltage switch adjusted to 120 volts? Maybe check the burn pot holes to make sure they are clear? Was it like this since install or has this recently become an issue? Does changing the feed rate change the flame front? Sorry for the questions, but it might lead to correcting this issue. I am going to assume that the entire exhaust system has/is clean and the combustion blower fan blade is also clean. Again, sorry for starting at the basics!

Yeah, it’s always done it. Never checked the voltage switch. Exhaust is clean.

Now for the burn pot..... When it is sparkling clean it won’t do it. After a bit of run time it will. Quick scrape of the burn pot clears it up.

Just seen when it just starts getting dirty, it doesn’t run as good as my old one.