Harman 52i tc Door Open Error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dmonty

Dec 19, 2020
Ohio
Any ideas on how to resolve door open error? All doors and seals are closed. Pressure switch opens as rpms reach 2480. O adjusted rpm to 2550 min and no difference.

Update..cleaned unit throughly and made no difference. Rpms drop out after 15-20 minutes of running. Help!!

i believe your switch should close as the rpm's increase. have you had the wires off?

pg 22 in the manual
The Low Draft Pressure Switch is a differential pressure switch that monitors the negative pressure (Draft) in the firebox. If the draft becomes too low for proper combustion, the switch opens, cutting power to the feed motor and the igniter circuits. This switch is connected into the AC (high voltage) wiring.

I haven't touched the wires. I've checked the draft and its flowing at a good rate. Wind is up today so I changed the vent direction to see if it was preventing draft

Have you checked the draft with a magnahelic or digital pressure gauge? There is a standard procedure that will check the draft and make sure it's within specs. It's in the install manual.
Ron

Reactions: Ssyko
I checked the draft at install with digital pressure gauge and based in manual im within in parameters.

My termination cap was rotated to the side. I adjusted to be in the down position and haven't had any issues today. Venting is direct vent. From back of stove to outside is 24" i have an 3 inch oac. Is it to much?