Harman Absolute 43 Exhaust Seems Excessive

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sheep4Life

Oct 24, 2019
Ohio
New to the pellet game, have had a wood burning stove all our life. Bought the floor model from the dealer, direct vented it as that was our only option. I see a lot of smoke, it is clear/opaque but I can see it coming out the vent. Have the feed rate set at 38% and 5 on the scale of 1-7 for heat. The stove is barely warm to the touch but keeping the room at 72. Sealed all the joints but still getting smoke in the house on windy days (which is very common in Ohio). We have a very old home and we think its coming in through the poorly insulated walls due to the excessive amount coming out of the vent. I'm reading you shouldn't see any smoke or very minimal, this smokes non stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are trying so hard to figure this stove out. Thanks in advance!

What kind of pellets are you burning? Smoke non stop sounds like crap fuel. Any pictures of the smoke, flame, fuel and installation would help