Harman Absolute Series stove cleaning issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marc S.

Nov 8, 2019
Cincinnati Ohio
Sorry if some of this is repetitive from an early post of mine but I feel obligated to put this out for the benefit of the Absolute Series stove owners.

After 4 years of having my Absolute 43, I would not trade it for anything. Had a few issues that were operator error. Sense then I am very conscience about keeping the thing clean except for 1 area that I was unaware of; the Fines Pot. I heard that other Harman Stove owners talking about this but nowhere in my manual or online videos did it mention a Fines Pot or cleaning. The other Harman Stoves apparently have it but not the Absolute Series stoves.

I researched this again on this Forum and Nitro-Fish (thanks) explained to me where it was at. I was pretty upset at my findings and after a good cleaning the Auger was noticeably quieter. I fired off a letter to Harman as to why this part of the cleaning was neglected from the manual or vids in which a received a response saying that they found the part and sent me a link to a dealer. I have sense sent them another email and am waiting for a response.

For all of you that have Absolute Series stoves it is on the back side of the stove, on the left side and secured with a wingnut. Very easy to clean, just very disappointed in Harman for not including this in their paper and video manuals.