Harman Accentra - Can the electric motors be serviced?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fedtime

Feeling the Heat
Sep 13, 2009
Down East Canada
Okay experts. I've pulled my manuals, searched this forum and the largely useless Harman website and can't find an answer to this question: do you/can you service the electric motors? Can you oil the bearings, etc.? Or is everything sealed?

I know about cleaning fan blades, vacuuming lint, etc.

Thank you both for your replies. The stove is a 2008 model. It has three electric motors - convection, distrbution and the auger motor. I've pulled them out and totally cleaned them up. All three appear to be sealed, with no ports or fittings for oiling. Myself, I'd prefer it if I could service the motors. Never been a big fan of sealed bearings.

And thanks, Scott, for the tip on the grease in the auger gear box - I'll have a look at that.

all of the motors in Harman stoves are sealed bearings...at least anything stock that is post 90's. Does not exclude removing them, cleaning them (with air blast) and or possibly redistributing grease in the auger gear box etc...
As Scott said, blow them out with compressed air, it is very rare there will be a problem with the bearings but it does happen.:cool:

as stated numerously above, all bearings are sealed.....if they "go", sometimes a dab of oil will help you for a bit, but eventually, its dead. Harman doesnt make available new bearings. Heck, we cant get folks to even clean impellers, let alone oil bearings!

Status
Not open for further replies.