1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

harman accentra fan ????

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jlongo1115, Dec 11, 2012.

1. jlongo1115

jlongo1115 Member

Loc:
    Wilton,CT
    ok so I have been getting a clunking noise like metal on metal under my stove while it is running on high. I took the whole stove out and took the fan off the bottom and there is about 1/4 inch of play in and out not side to side on the shaft. Is this normal??? is there a bushing that wears out??? I looked on amazon and found a replacement for $93 Fasco b47120. Here is a link

http://www.amazon.com/Fasco-B47120-Speed-Inducer-Blower/product-reviews/B000BULTKE

do you think I should just get a new one??? or is there a easy fix?? please help me out if anyone knows. Thanks guys

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jlongo1115

jlongo1115 Member

Loc:
    Wilton,CT
    anyone???? I have searched all over the internet and have found nothing.
  3. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    That is the same exact blower Harman sells for $327. Same exact. Amazon right? You have to file down or bent the grounding thread under the stove so it doesn't scrape the bottom. Hint.... Do this after you make the connections