Harman Accentra fs does not feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

karhu61

Dec 25, 2017
Philadelphia Pa
Hello All,
I bought this stove about 13 years ago. It has run pretty much flawlessly until now. Here is the issue I'm having. I start the stove in auto. It runs through combustion flawlessly. When it begins to heat up the feed motor will periodically stop working even though the feed light is on. This happens more more frequently until the stove eventually goes out. When it does it throws a six blink code. This is what I have done so far to fix the problem. The Stove was cleaned thoroughly this fall. I replaced the feed motor. The old one worked but was quite noisy and I thought it might be failing. The new one is dead quiet but this did not change anything. I thought it might be a faulty door gasket. I replaced the door rope no change. I replaced the differential pressure switch last year. I'm thinking the circuit board may have finally given out. Any advice is appreciated. Many Thanks in advance.
Julian

There could be a couple of issues related to that 6 blink status error. The piping could be blocked, maybe a screen on the end of the pipe that is covered in ash. The ESP probe has malfunctioned, even though you don't get a 3 blink status. I had a customer have and auger issue and when I showed up at the house, I connected my DDM to the stove and found out the ESP probe was at 535 degrees and the stoves was off for 2 days, changed the ESP and it was fine. Hope this helps.

I would check termination cap screen first. I have seen many time where stove would light then go out do to clogged venting. Complete cleaning of stove and venting usually fixes this problem. If the light is coming on but auger not running that means vac switch is not closing. Which usually means clogged vent

I would check termination cap screen first. I have seen many time where stove would light then go out do to clogged venting. Complete cleaning of stove and venting usually fixes this problem. If the light is coming on but auger not running that means vac switch is not closing. Which usually means clogged vent

Rickwai, Thank you for the reply. Where on the stove is the termination cap screen?

Rickwai, Thank you for the reply. Where on the stove is the termination cap screen?

it is at the opposite end of you stove pipe. Where exhaust gasses meet the outside air.

Did they go up from the stove to clean it? Or outside? Did the blowers get removed and cleaned? I only ask because alot of stove problems are from not being clean. Had 3 so far this season.

There could be a couple of issues related to that 6 blink status error. The piping could be blocked, maybe a screen on the end of the pipe that is covered in ash. The ESP probe has malfunctioned, even though you don't get a 3 blink status. I had a customer have and auger issue and when I showed up at the house, I connected my DDM to the stove and found out the ESP probe was at 535 degrees and the stoves was off for 2 days, changed the ESP and it was fine. Hope this helps.
Did they go up from the stove to clean it? Or outside? Did the blowers get removed and cleaned? I only ask because alot of stove problems are from not being clean. Had 3 so far this season.

Ssyko,
They cleaned the chimney from inside & outside. I replaced the esp today and still does the same thing. Gets to about 150 degrees and feed motor light comes on but intermittantley the motor does not turn. I feel like it has something to do with temperature. Could it be the circuit board? I will remove and clean the blowers in the next day or so. Thank you again for all the help
Julian

Check for voltage to motor when light flashes.If you cannot do that,I would jumper the vacuum switch and run for a while,to see if different.

Also when in symptom put your hand on the motor and see if it feel s like it is trying to go when light comes on. Like the motor is intermittently stuck

Some stoves have a vacuum hose to the vacuum switch and they crack causing a vacuum leak. Not sure if a 13 yo Accentra has that but worth checking into. Also check the port on the exhaust tube that it isn't partially clogged.