Harman Accentra FS Glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

womaus

Feeling the Heat
Oct 25, 2015
Central MA
Just a quick question on the cleaning vents on the Accentra FS.

I've run about 3 bags since I've last wiped down the viewing window on the stove. I've got a slight haze on the view, expected. The top 1/5 or so is a bit heavier, expected (expected from seeing other similar stoves).

But where the air wash emits from, going from left to right it starts at about 1/8", and progresses evenly to 1", then alongside the right there is a black streak going to grey up 8" or so. Looks like little evil Christmas Trees.

Normal? Or did I miss something during the deep clean I gave it?

And yeah, lousy pic, that's the beer talking.

2r6oflx.jpg

Mine looks exactly like yours.

You are going to get the haze no matter what. Just part of the fun. If it bugs you then you could take a dry towel to it quickly while it's running daily or every other day. Throw on some gloves, open the door and quickly wipe it with a dry junky old towel and that will take most of it off in a couple of seconds. You might have a little ash that gets on the floor or hearth to vac or sweep up but back to pretty clean and clear glass.

On my 68 the haze collects up top and down both sides. Sometimes I just let it go and look funky. The new novelty has left the building so I've eased up on some stuff. As long as it's running and heating well all is good here.

I'm not bothered by it...just was wondering if I didn't deep clean it enough when I had the chance.

Today is the first day I've had it running for a long time, 16 hours at this point.

I think I'm happy with the decision of the purchase.

Happy Freakin' New Year by the way.....

Status
Not open for further replies.