Harman Accentra insert auger removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dana-mark

Hearth Supporter
Nov 28, 2009
Newport News, Va
My Harman Accentra insert had an odd auger tip from the day it was purchased. Looked like the tip had been hammered down thinner then a dime, spoon like look on end, slight crack where the metal went back to full thickness. Sure enough the tip broke off, about 1/4 inch. It still works, but I would like to replace it, I have the part.

Anyone have the instructions for replacing it?

There are no dealers near me, I had a 3.5 hour drive just to pick the thing up. Harman info on self service is nonexistent on their site unlike other brands, standard reply by Harman, see a dealer.

Interestedly they lose interest as soon as they find out your distance from them, sigh. It isn't like you can put this thing on the backseat of the car. I had to rent a van to bring it home.

Get the auger motor off. Take out the two screws that hold the auger in place. From the front, use a dowel or the back of a hammer and tap the auger out. While your in there, clean the auger tube. Mine was a sticky mess. Hot water soaked rags until clean. I installed an air draft tube at the time and put everything back together. I used a little sealant around the sides of the auger housing. Tighten the two auger screws back an forth so nothing gets in a bind. Turn auger by hand the make sure it spins freely. Done.

Attachments

• get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 594
  • get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 536
Status
Not open for further replies.