Harman Accentra Insert is missing an external component

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HibernatingSmokey

Nov 3, 2020
Virginia
Hi, I've come into the possession of an old Harman Accentra Pellet Insert. I'm told everything about it works great except that it is missing some crucial component (see picture). I suspect it is some sort of external power source or battery.

When I turn on the stove I get two blinks from the control board. I looked it up and this apparently indicates the J2 Jumper is disconnected. Moreover, the auto ignite light will not turn on, which I'm guessing is some sort of fail-safe from the error. I'm also guessing that the two blinks error has to do with the missing component. Please help!

Attachments

• IMG_20201103_132128133_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201103_132128133_HDR.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 120
According to my wiring diagram (I have the freestanding) there's a jumper on J2. You may need to check the board to make sure it's there.
The cable you're holding looks like the room temp sensor which should be placed somewhere in the room about waist height.

Attachments

• Harman_AccentraFS_wiring.jpg
    Harman_AccentraFS_wiring.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 101
That looks like the room temp sensor to me, you could check the connector to the board pretty easy. They do go bad from time to time. The stove should work on stove temp mode though while you sort out the sensor wiring .
I have found if you open the door, take out the 2 bolts on the control panel, you can see the connector at the board side easily without sliding the whole thing out.