Harman Accentra Insert not shutting down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tpme06

Sep 6, 2012
Newmarket, NH
This past week my Accentra insert has not been shutting down. Earlier this week, it burned through a full hopper of pellets with a "maintenance" flame before shutting down (ran all night after shutting it off around 8pm). I do have the ignotor set to "auto." I also set the stove to the "off" position, and also the temp nob all the way down to "50." I read on in some other threads that the ESP probe might be dirty, so I took that out and cleaned it. Last night, it took 10 hours to shut down (turned it off around 9pm, the flame was just going out this morning at 7am). It still had pellets in it though, so I'm not sure why it took that long to shut down.

I'm going to break the whole thing down this weekend and give it a thorough cleaning. I noticed when I was cleaning the temperature probe the combustion blower area (the side with the ESP probe) had some ash in it, so I'll get all of that out as well.

I'm hoping a deep clean will fix the problem, anything else I should look for when I have the stove out this weekend? I'd hate to miss something and have to pull it out again!

Thank you!

it possible you have ESP problem...double check the left side exhaust path....the long and arduous one. if it is plugged, you basically lose half the heat exchange area....unit cannot cool down sufficiently to drop below 90 deg (shut down temp) and so it continues to pulse and run the combustion blower.

Thank you for that 90 degree tidbit. I am a newbie with an accentra insert. The first time i shut mine down (after running full bore) for testing, i was worried that it still seemed to be feeding pellets (as it would in Maintenance mode) but eventually shut down after about 20 minutes. just takes some time to cool i suppose?

Thank you for that 90 degree tidbit. I am a newbie with an accentra insert. The first time i shut mine down (after running full bore) for testing, i was worried that it still seemed to be feeding pellets (as it would in Maintenance mode) but eventually shut down after about 20 minutes. just takes some time to cool i suppose?
Coming off hot burns/high ESP temps, it'll feed a couple short cycles to cool the burn pot slowly to avoid burn back up the auger tube.

THANKS ! P38
Theres still lots to learn (for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.