Harman Accentra insert ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlongo1115

Dec 15, 2011
Wilton,CT
Hey guys I have a Harman Accentra insert. I did a cleaning and the stove started and ran just fine. I got some new pellets pres-to-logs from home depot. The stove started up and ran fine then it shut down and wouldnt run in temp sensor mode only room temp mode but they burned great through the night and they got my whole house to a great heat of 72 degrees. They burned all night and were awesome until morning the stove shut down. I went to start it up again and the auger was not working and there was no light on the main board in test mode for the feed. I tried a full cleaning and nothing worked. I took all the pellets out and was freely turning the auger by hand with ease. I checked the power to the auger and when I turn the stove on it was getting 113 volts to the fan so I figured it was the auger motor. I replaced it tonight with a brand new oem auger motor and same problem. The auger motor is a little harder to turn than the last motor but it still spins freely but no light and no power. in test mode everthing works but the auger with no light. Please help me diagnose this as it is -3 degrees tonight and I hate running on oil. Thanks guys for the help.

Hey guys I have a Harman Accentra insert. I did a cleaning and the stove started and ran just fine. I got some new pellets pres-to-logs from home depot. The stove started up and ran fine then it shut down and wouldnt run in temp sensor mode only room temp mode but they burned great through the night and they got my whole house to a great heat of 72 degrees. They burned all night and were awesome until morning the stove shut down. I went to start it up again and the auger was not working and there was no light on the main board in test mode for the feed. I tried a full cleaning and nothing worked. I took all the pellets out and was freely turning the auger by hand with ease. I checked the power to the auger and when I turn the stove on it was getting 113 volts to the fan so I figured it was the auger motor. I replaced it tonight with a brand new oem auger motor and same problem. The auger motor is a little harder to turn than the last motor but it still spins freely but no light and no power. in test mode everthing works but the auger with no light. Please help me diagnose this as it is -3 degrees tonight and I hate running on oil. Thanks guys for the help.

Sounds like a vacuum problem...Are you sure that the front door & hopper door gaskets are in good shape? If they aren't sealed, the auger won't turn. Same thing will happen with a failed vacuum switch & the hopper door switch, if you have one. How old is your unit?

I dont have the hopper door switch. Would there be 112-113 volts going to the auger motor if the vacuum switch was not allowing it to turn? my stove is a 2006. in test mode everything works but the auger. I just put some pellets in the burn pot and I am trying to automatically light it to see what happens. So far the power light,status light,combustion blower light and ignition light are on and have been for about 5-10 min with no fire and no shutdown. Ohh wait it just shut down with no ignition and have 5 blinks on the status board. this is so annoying please help me.

This happens to a buddy of mine and his Harman. Here is an excerpt from an email describing his fix; "once in a blue moon i have to open the side, pull the rubber tube out of the collection chamber, suck on it for a second, trip the switch a little, and voila, it goes back to being fine for a long time. " Perhaps this may work for you? His stove is an advance

ok I think this may be the problem. I hooked the old motor to direct power and it spins so it isnt the motor. I cleaned off the esp and cleaned the stove and the fines box. I took both leads off the low airflow sensor and jumped them but still got nothing. When your buddies broke was the feed light still lighting up or was that light out?

ok I think this may be the problem. I hooked the old motor to direct power and it spins so it isnt the motor. I cleaned off the esp and cleaned the stove and the fines box. I took both leads off the low airflow sensor and jumped them but still got nothing. When your buddies broke was the feed light still lighting up or was that light out?
feed light would come on in test mode but the auger would not turn. I was also just told he discovered that he had a blockage at the top of his exhaust stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.