Harman Accentra question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rntdc

Oct 3, 2016
Upstate NY
Hello, and thanks ahead of time. Long story short, I got a great (so I thought) deal on a used accentra. The distribution fan is not working. I searched but could not find an answer. Is it safe to burn an accentra with the distribution fan not working until I can get the replacment?

Hello, and thanks ahead of time. Long story short, I got a great (so I thought) deal on a used accentra. The distribution fan is not working. I searched but could not find an answer. Is it safe to burn an accentra with the distribution fan not working until I can get the replacment?

I would say no. The Accentra requires the distribution fan to cool the stove and prevent overheating. Have I done it, yes. I had the distribution fan quit on mine. You can read about my replacement endeavor here: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/harman-accentra-freestanding-distribution-blower-stuck.119024/

I placed a fan at the bottom of the stove and kept it running to push cold air into the stove while I waited for parts. Don't run the stove too hard.

I would say no. The Accentra requires the distribution fan to cool the stove and prevent overheating. Have I done it, yes. I had the distribution fan quit on mine. You can read about my replacement endeavor here: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/harman-accentra-freestanding-distribution-blower-stuck.119024/

I placed a fan at the bottom of the stove and kept it running to push cold air into the stove while I waited for parts. Don't run the stove too hard.

You may want to hot wire the distribution fan to determine if it is the fan or the green board controller prior to ordering new. Lots of info on how to do so in the forums.

But if indeed it is:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OP5KC7M/?tag=hearthamazon-20

Actually,in low stove mode,fan does not run,is called fireplace mode.But with fan behind unit you will be ok,as long as not running on high for a long time.

Thanks to all for the speedy tips and responses. An update: I just pulled the fan and "hot" wired it. I put one on lead to top left and one to right lower lead. Heard a humming noise. I never heard that when the control board called for power to fan. Fan didn't turn. Next I switched a lead to one on top and one vertical below it. Fan started running!
Then it slowed quickly, sparked, and flames shot out!! So anyhow at least I'll have a new fan and hope its not the control board. Not a great start with the Harman. However I do own a TL300 and have complete confidence that I will enjoy the pellet burner also....to be continued.

No!
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.