Harman Advance - Lost Power?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abrucerd

Hearth Supporter
Aug 22, 2007
Central MA
I'm working from home today with my Harman Advance runnin on Stove Temp 7, when all of a sudden I heard it stop making the normal background noise. I opened the side panel, and no lights were on... it was as if we had lost power (but the rest of the house is fine). I checked the plug, and it was fine. Then, after about 30 seconds, it turned itself back on.... for 5 minutes then it did it again.

Any ideas? I didn't notice any status lights when it turned itself back on... just seemed to back to business as usual. I'm giving it a proper shut down as we speak to clean the burnpot... maybe something was jamming the auger?

I'm lost... thanks in advance!

Thanks GVA,

Yes... I let the flame burn out, cleaned the pot, and turned it back on... It hasn't happened again (unless it was happening while I was asleep). Very strange.

I'll keep an eye on it, if it happens again I'll post.

Still, if anyone has any ideas, let me know. Thanks!

my money is on a loose connection...most likely where the wiring harness connects to the circuitboard..........

Status
Not open for further replies.