Harman air wash question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
Has anyone ever removed the air wash tube and found sufficient Ash in the tube which affected the glass not staying clean? I doubt that much Ash can get in there but maybe I'm wrong? And is that air coming in through the outside air kit?

Hello
I have never removed the tube but blasting it out with an air compressor is the way I get All the ash out. It makes a difference!

Hello
I have never removed the tube but blasting it out with an air compressor is the way I get All the ash out. It makes a difference!
Not to sound like a dummy but doesn't a lot of whatever is in there go back up the tube? Or is it just that long channel that gets blown out?