Harman Auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Zeus

Burning Hunk
Mar 12, 2015
Pa
Hey guys, a small piece on the end of my auger broke off when I was cleaning my stove it’s an accentra 52i. every thing is functioning fine but was looking to purchase a new one. I have found 2 augers 1 aftermarket for $79 and 1 Oem for $117 which one should I get

How much broke? Auger tip break is no biggie, it's a long screw like deal, it's full of pellets in use, it'll still feed pellets.

How much broke? Auger tip break is no biggie, it's a long screw like deal, it's full of pellets in use, it'll still feed pellets.
hey tbear, not much has broken off and has operated fine since it broke. I was just going to order one and have it here in case it got worse. I guess my question is do I go with an oem auger or is an aftermarket just as good due to price

Hey guys, a small piece on the end of my auger broke off when I was cleaning my stove it’s an accentra 52i. every thing is functioning fine but was looking to purchase a new one. I have found 2 augers 1 aftermarket for $79 and 1 Oem for $117 which one should I get
i just removed and replaced the auger (and feed weldment). on my P68....i went with OEM because i was worried about the bearing being a cheap imported bearing. Are you buying it from "earth sense".....they may tell you they're both made by the same company. If that were the case, id go cheaper.

Question: Just wondering why would the auger end break off, is it due to heat fatigue, turning off and restarting ?

Question: Just wondering why would the auger end break off, is it due to heat fatigue, turning off and restarting ?
I think letting the stove just run out of pellets doesn't help in some stoves as it exposes the end to great heat.

i just removed and replaced the auger (and feed weldment). on my P68....i went with OEM because i was worried about the bearing being a cheap imported bearing. Are you buying it from "earth sense".....they may tell you they're both made by the same company. If that were the case, id go cheaper.
Yes I’m buying fro earthsense I call and ask thanks

hey gfreek, when I was cleaning the stove I was scraping around the auger to clean up carbon and the screw driver broke a very small piece of the auger off the metal there is thin on the end. it is functioning fine just want to order a back up incase it gets worse no issues at all now. my Stove is 6 years old now I have only let it run out of pellets maybe twice when burning. The stove will run 15 to 20 hours before a refill is needed so it’s hard to run it dry even when your not paying att.

hey gfreek, when I was cleaning the stove I was scraping around the auger to clean up carbon and the screw driver broke a very small piece of the auger off the metal there is thin on the end. it is functioning fine just want to order a back up incase it gets worse no issues at all now. my Stove is 6 years old now I have only let it run out of pellets maybe twice when burning. The stove will run 15 to 20 hours before a refill is needed so it’s hard to run it dry even when your not paying att.
Got it,,, thanks...

Another thought, could it have been a chunk of carbonized ash? That stuff can get hard.

about 3/4" my auger tip burnt/broke off and while looking it over i noticed a hole in the bottom of the feed tube weldment exactly at he tip of the auger......the combustion air source runs under the feed tube and this hole was feeding air and fire right on the tip of my auger and that apparently ate away at the auger. I was going to weld the feed tube hole closed, but changed the feed tube weldment instead