Harman hopper lid gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Last year. older P68. When closing lid,did not lay flat,had to push down on one side to "lock" the swell latch. I thought lid was bent (possible air leak). After removing old gasket,lid would shut perfectly flat.I guess gasket got harder in some spots than others.Installed new gasket,lid shut flat,and back to one hand operation to latch.

The way I could tell my Invincible needed a hopper lid gasket was the way the flame was burning vigorously down at the mouth of the auger tube, indicating the stove was pulling in air through the tube. You could try sealing the hopper with duck tape to see if the flame changes.