Harman Invincible RS Feeder Weldment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harman Lover 007

Minister of Fire
I posted over the weekend in a different thread (I should know better and Bioburner b*tch slapped me;)) with my phone but its so much easier with a PC so here goes. My Harman Invincible has a crack in the feeder tube weldment where the auger is and I was looking for advice as to how to get it out of the stove. Well it turned into a major disassembly of the stove. Anyway, I'm looking to source the weldment. Its $400 shipped from stove parts unlimited and $350 plus shipping from Nevel stoves. Does anyone have any other sources for older stove parts? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image stove1.jpg
    image stove1.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 339
  • image stove2.jpg
    image stove2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 389
  • image stove 3.jpg
    image stove 3.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 362
Any reason not to have just have it welded and polished?

I was gonna say once its out find a welder have him fill in the crack then grind it flush.

I'm definitely considering that. Its hard to see in my picture but half of the "face" of the weldment is gone, probably from 18 years of scraping the burnpot. Don't know whether that affects the functionality of it or not but I don't want to put it all back together to find out that it does.....

If you click on the middle picture you can see that the flat face is clearly there on the left side but is essentially gone from about 1 oclock to 6 oclock

I wire feed welder can layup a few layers quickly and be ground back to like new. If worried about carbonizing of the weld, could layup with stainless but a standard wire should last as well as the original.

I dropped the weldment off at a buddy of mine's shop who does superior welding and he said it would be no problem. Hope to get it back in a couple days....
I located a new one for $270 at my local Harman dealer.......

I dropped the weldment off at a buddy of mine's shop who does superior welding and he said it would be no problem. Hope to get it back in a couple days....
I located a new one for $270 at my local Harman dealer.......
Might be time to get some graphite paint to make the auger more slippery too:) If you have it that far apart now would be a good time to do everything to make it as new for the long run. Gaskets are a good start. I really like the graphite impregnated rope gasket kits. Look like they should last far longer.

Might be time to get some graphite paint to make the auger more slippery too:) If you have it that far apart now would be a good time to do everything to make it as new for the long run. Gaskets are a good start. I really like the graphite impregnated rope gasket kits. Look like they should last far longer.
I was polishing the auger last night. Amazing condition given the age of the stove. New burnpot gaskets are definitely happening. I just did the dist and comb blower a couple of years ago. But yes, everything that is even close to being needed is going to be replaced. This thing is WAY apart...much more than most DIYer's would probably try.

Hard to believe its 18 years old. I just finished putting her back together. Quite the job but it beats the price of a new one. Gonna have a couple if brewskis with some friends and fire it up later. Everything works as it should on test. I want the silicone to dry a bit
378bca88871827b37ed892cb4e9a347c.jpg

Hard to believe its 18 years old. I just finished putting her back together. Quite the job but it beats the price of a new one. Gonna have a couple if brewskis with some friends and fire it up later. Everything works as it should on test. I want the silicone to dry a bit
378bca88871827b37ed892cb4e9a347c.jpg
Looks great !

4c330f4f6fafe26620d3787b71e9359b.jpg

We have ignition.....

So this repair probably isn't for the average guy to try and most of you don't have a stove this old but I appreciate the moral support.

Last edited:
Reactions: SwineFlue
Damned Harmans. Have to repair them every 18 years. ;lol

Nice job.

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Status
Not open for further replies.