1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itworks

itworks New Member

Loc:
    Southwestern CT
    I've been heating my home with the P68 for 5 years and have been extremely pleased with it's performance. I clean it regularly.
    I know there are a number of moving parts in the unit. My question is does it need to be lubricated? If so what lubricant should be used, and what (and how) should I lubricate?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Batn2balls

Batn2balls New Member

Loc:
    Missouri
    I just got my Harman P68 installed today. Since the firebox in my fireplace is no longer usable I had them vent it up the existing chimmney. They still had to use the 3 1/2 inch pipe. All I can say is it does put out some heat.

The painfull part was the price. But I hope it saves me money in heating bills this winter since I use propane to heat my home. The Harman I hope will heat my home without the use of my furnace. But if not it will be a great backup.
  3. itworks

itworks New Member

Loc:
    Southwestern CT
    Friends thought I was crazy for spending almost 3 g's back in 2004, but at this point the stove has paid for itself. I got a good deal on 5 tons (delivered this past Monday) of pellets, and I'm guessing I'll be ahead of the game by the end of this winter. I bought the stove to save $$$, but we all love it during the heating season, and it serves as a giant night light in our lower level.
    Good luck with yours.
  4. richg

richg Minister of Fire

I have a P61A which si smaller but similar in design. Nothing comes to mind in terms of lubricating, but there are a number of areas that should be cleaned that are a bit out of the way; for example, the distribution blower fins, the trap for fines, the ignitor chamber, pulling and cleaning the ESP probe, etc. I ama abit of a fanatic about keeping the stove clean on the basis that a stove does not malfunction because it is clean....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.