1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Harman P38 shut down

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by park4019, Dec 21, 2012.

1. park4019

park4019 New Member

Loc:
    Southeastern Ma.
    When you said power surge; I remembered something. A few weeks before the initial failure, we had a thunder storm, in which we lost our computer wiring connector [ have to use a wireless internet connector now], the computer router, & the wireless phone panel. Wonder if that weakened the circuit board ? Just double checked, & still getting .2V, when a fuse is inserted in the holder. And I really haven't had a beer. park4041.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. park4019

park4019 New Member

Loc:
    Southeastern Ma.
    Actually connected one wire to metal on the stove & other probe to the fuse holder, .2V.
  3. gfreek

gfreek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Beautiful Attica/Varysburg,New York
    Interesting... Let us know how you make out with the board..
  4. park4019

park4019 New Member

Loc:
    Southeastern Ma.
    I'll check with my local dealer, thanks park4019
  5. park4019

park4019 New Member

Loc:
    Southeastern Ma.
    Definetly will do that, as soon as the problem is corrected. Thank you all, for all your help, park4019.
  6. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    Still being stubborn here...
    Are you measuring as gfreek (post #29) says? To neutral? Measuring to the stove body may not be accurate, depending on the quality of its ground. These measurements just don't make sense to me (still…).
  7. park4019

park4019 New Member

Loc:
    Southeastern Ma.
    I don't consider you being stubborn, just being helpful. I will measure, to the neutral wire, as soon as I can. I went to see the pellet stove dealer, who sold me the stove, & explained my problem. He seems to think it may be the ESP, said most of thier problelms have been with the probe; being dirty. He also said that an ohms reading wouldn't tell anything. Have to use the test meter Harman provides. I'll post a reply, once i've checked it. Thanks again park4041.