1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

harman P43 pellet stove won't light

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by smilkman, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

no, not for the travel time. They do reimburse for warranted parts, and a small amount for labor ($50?). Harman contends that the original selling dealer should factor in possible warranty issues into the selling price to offset some of these costs. Therefore, if the dealer who is fixing the unit isnt the original selling dealer, its not uncommon to see then charge for a service call, even if the unit is under warranty. Harman will will reimburse for parts in that situation though.
    kinsmanstoves likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. shtrdave

shtrdave Member

Loc:
    SW PA
    I had an issue with mine the other day same thing, I did call my dealer she told me to take the plate of and clean out where the ignitor is, I had done that right before new years day when I cleaned the stove. I borrowed a customer inspection camera and took the plate off and found it looked clean, but tapped the pot to know anything loose out and then discovered I had a lot of ash laying on the lip towards the back of the pot where the air comes into it, I cleaned a lot of ash from this area and it relit and no problems.

As for my dealer she is at least 35 minutes away, and said she could send someone out or I could bring the old ignitor in and she would give me a new one, same with my distribution blower, which ,makes noise on the high end.

I am very happy with my stove and even the dealer so far.

I did pick up the hand sanitizer that someone on here mentioned for getting it started manually.
  3. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    Harman pays for labor but not a service call.
  4. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    You don't have to wait for the stove to get running to flip it to manual. After the igniter light illuminates you can flip it to manual.