Harman P43 radiant heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJPellet

Minister of Fire
Sep 6, 2011
Western NY
I've been experimenting with the P43 lately. I flipped it into manual mode yesterday. Since then I have been heating the house with the radiant heat from the stove. The blower has only needed to come on once for a few minutes yesterday. The whole house is a comfortable 70-72 degrees. It's a 1000 sq ft salt box style house.

Outside temperature this morning is 26* and some snow on the ground. It never got above 37* yesterday. I REALLY like the Harman P series for many reasons, this radiant heat thing is a benefit I didn't realize until now. I have used about 1/2 bag at most in 24 hours and the stove has a very nice medium flame going which adds a nice ambience to the house. Pellets in the hopper are Green Supreme. I love this pellet stove more everyday.

I got a little nervous last night because the electric in my area was flickering, really bad for about 1 full minute, glad I have the surge protector on the pellet stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.